Back to home pageFrench    German    Spanish    

The buried dolmen of Saint Gonvel

Municipality of Landunvez

Classified Historic Monument on September 25, 1883

Parking GPS : 48°31'40 N  4°45'35 W

Access :   From the D27, between Argenton and the village of Landunvez, take lefts the small road to the west near a lavoir. This access road leads to the Beg ar Garo point where you can park. Continue on foot on the road. After 150 m on the left a path leads to the dolmen which is signposted.

   This dolmen was apparently called "Men Milliget" - The Cursed Stone - in the 19th century. Nowadays, its name would rather be "an Dol Ven" - The Coffee Table - according to the elders of the commune.

   The monument, half buried, is located in a preserved dune area dominated by a mound formed by a rock outcrop.

A huge 3.70 m by 2.30 m slab covers six vertical pillars, overflowing them very widely. Inside, the sepulchral chamber measures 2.30 m by 1.70 m. The entrance seems to have been very disturbed.
All the stones are made of Landunvez migmatic granite.

Plan after Y.Pailler and Y.Sparfel 2008


QR code of this page

Download this flashcode